To visit in Velletri


Cattedrale di San Clemente

The Cathedral is the main place of worship both for the town and for the Suburbicarian See of Velletri-Segni

Read more

Diocesan Museum

The exhibition area of the Museo Diocesano was opened in the year 2000 inside the Cathedral of St. Clement (in Corso della Repubblica), yet the original museum was founded in 1927 by Cardinal Basilio Pompili, Bishop of Velletri and Vicar of Rome.

Read more

Palace of the Town Hall

This simple elegant Palazzo Comunale is built over ancient Roman ruins. The construction work was entrusted to Giacomo Della Porta in 1575 and completed in 1590

Read more

Civic Museums

The Musei Civici are located in the 16th century Palazzo Comunale (Town Hall) and has two exhibition itineraries: Museo Archeologico Oreste Nardini and the Museo di Geopaleontologia e Preistoria dei Colli Albani (one archaeological and the other dedicated to the geo-palaeontology and prehistory of the Alban Hills)

Read more

Neapolitan Gateway

The defence wall of the antique Volscian Velitrae was destroyed by the Romans in 338 BC and was not rebuilt until medieval times when other mighty castle walls surrounded it.

Read more

Chiesa di San Martino

Knowledge of this ancient church goes back to the 11th century and has belonged to the Somaschi Fathers since 1617.

Read more

Chiesa di Santa Lucia

It is one of the oldest churches at Velletri and was consecrated in 1032.

Read more

Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo

The church, believed built over the remains of an ancient temple dedicated to Mars, was rebuilt several times during the centuries until it had reached its present appearance.

Read more