Borghese Palace

The Palace has been seat of the Town Hall since 1982 and was built by the will of Marco Altemps over the ruins of a castle belonging to the Colonna family in 1423. The work took about thirty years, from 1582 to 1613, and was completed by Cardinal Scipione Borghese.

Many famous artists and important people have been guests at the church. Garibaldi was also a guest for a short time, but decided to lodge on the peak of the town for strategic reasons.

The Palace is open to the public during working hours.