To visit in Monte Compatri


Fontana dell'Angelo

At the entrance of the historical centre, visitors are welcomed by the fountain of the Winged Genius, armed with a pickaxe and lighting a fuse: it is a memorial monument to the miners who excavated the town's aqueduct at the end of the 19th century.

Read more

Convento e Pinacoteca di San Silvestro

The convent of the Carmelite Order is situated outside the town centre, in a high position in respect to the town and is an ideal place for spiritual retreats in the peaceful nature and silent surroundings.

Read more

Santuario della Madonna del Castagno

Next to the Convento di San Silvestro there is the small Sanctuary of the Madonna del Castagno built in 1680, an important place of worship for the Carmelite Fathers.

Read more

Chiesa di Santa Maria Assunta

By the will of Cardinal Scipione Borghese the church entitled to Our Lady of the Assumption, was built as of 1630 over a previous church dedicated to Saint Brigitte.

Read more

The Library of Annibaldeschi Palace

The Palace is situated in the historical centre and after great renovation work is occupied by the town library (on the ground floor) and the National Italian Philosophy library, directed by the Illustrious Professor Massimo Cacciari

Read more

Borghese Palace

The Palace has been seat of the Town Hall since 1982 and was built by the will of Marco Altemps over the ruins of a castle belonging to the Colonna family in 1423.

Read more