Baronial Palace

Built in the 16th century by the Colonna family on an old Roman Castrumsite, the Baronial Palace dominates the living area from a high hill. The particular main entrance is thelarge portalin "bugnato"whereas the rear has a double order with five arches. In ancient times, it occupied the whole block but when the new Chiesa di San Nicola was built (1753) the southwest side of the building complex had to be radically modified.

Unfortunately, the church is not open to the public during the present renovation work.

Address: Via del Plebiscito, Colonna (Rome)

LAT/LONG: 41.835246, 12.752246